Saturday 11 June 2011

My first hiking experience to Ben Arthur (aka The Cobbler)

One hour train to this highland...not counting the journey of walking to reach the mountain yet. Have to climb the path of stones in the heavy rain to reach the peak of the mountain. We counted the hours of climbing the mountain ~ more than 4 hours.

There were 12 of us but the four of us (Trisha, Janna, Jenny (8-year-old), and me) only managed to go 3/4 of the way and decided that we didn't want to continue to the peak as the young girl said no and our bodies said no too. My nose kept on dripping when I was walking in the rain - this trip reminded me to buy a jacket with a hood next time.

~Let the pics show you the beauty of nature (can be prettier if the sky is sunny blue)~


The hiking group



Too bad the dark clouds were coming our way




Washing face with the spring water

The waterfall

Hehe, feel so excited even though haven't reach the peak yet




Lunch break


The "sensible" ones were going down the mountain (including me)
while the "tough" ones were still trying to reach the peak

The real view is superb



We stopped at this hotel to have a cup of hot cocoa - anything hot is good enough for me



Despite the smiling faces and the fun, my leg muscles start to become painful for the next two days - but worth it cos we sweat a lot and it is a good experience.