Monday 29 August 2011

Cornflake crusted baked chicken


I forgot the original link ~ haiz. I always like to write a new recipe onto a sheet of paper then try it in the kitchen. I will rmbr the link if I post this recipe on the exact day of cooking but this is a delayed post and my mind is getting rusty. Will post the original link once I found it in my cookery recipes folder.


 

=Ingredients=
4 chicken thighs
salt and pepper
1 large egg
2 cups of crushed cornflakes
1/2 tsp chilli powder


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 200C. Line the baking tray with baking paper. Clean the chicken and pat dry. Season generously with salt and pepper.
  2. Whisk the egg with 1 tbs water.
  3. In another bowl, mix crushed cornflakes, chill powder and 1 ts salt.
  4. Coat chicken, 1 piece at a time. Dip the chicken in the egg mixture then coat it with seasoned cornflakes. Press the flakes to help them to adhere.
  5. Spray / Sprinkle some cooking oil onto the arranged chicken. 
  6. Bake for 30 mins until golden brown and crisp. Sprinkle some salt and pepper accordingly.