Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tiramisu

*I like to use instant mocha or latte for my tiramisu. Aiya, I forgot the link to the original recipe. Sorry! But my modified version is nice too - ask my hubby. I already made this for at least 10 times*



=Ingredients=
1 tbs instant coffee powder - I prefer Nescafe instant mocha
1/2 cup hot water
1/4 cup sweet Marsala wine - I omit this
1/4 cup thick cream - I use double cream
2 tbs icing sugar mixture - I use 1 1/2
1 cup mascarpone cheese - I use all 250g tub
100g sponge finger biscuits
cocoa powder for garnishing


Method
  1. Dissolve instant coffee powder in hot water. Let it cool. Stir in half of Marsala wine and chill in fridge. 
  2. Beat cream and icing sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in mascarpone and the remaining Marsala (I make more Mocha mixture and use it to replace Marsala)
  3. Dip half of sponge finger biscuits, one at a time, into coffee mixture and arrange as a single layer on a deep dish (I dip and turn over the biscuit in the coffee mixture as fast as I can and arrange it in a deep plastic container)
  4. Spread half of the cream mixture on top of the first layer of biscuits.
  5. Dip remaining biscuits in coffee mixture, arrange and spread the remaining cream. 
  6. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
  7. Serve with cocoa powder.