Sunday 8 August 2010

My birthday 7th August

 My surprised birthday cake

My yummy chocolate fudge birthday cake


7th August is my special day! My 1st birthday as wife... my 1st birthday in Glasgow... I even told my parents and hubby that I have a SIMPLE request for my birthday .... I only want 'kompia', 'kampua', and 'sio bee' for my birthday this year. Hahaha. I know it is impossible for me to have those food in Glasgow. Only joking with them.


My pretty roses made me even more attractive for my special day


My hubby brought me to Khublai Khan (Mongolian barbeque buffet). He said he wants to bring me to eat something special...something that I haven't tried before. Let's go and eat exotic species! Feel sorry cos we are too mean to eat them. But only once in a lifetime! (It's the 2nd time for hubby) Hohoho

*a short intro about the Mongolian place*
Khublai Khan was the grandson of the fearsome legend Genghis Khan, the founding father of the largest contiguous empire in history. Khublai was the Mongol emperor of China from 1259, and amongst other great feats was responsible for moving the capital of China to Khanbalik, or 'Cambuluc' (now the site of Beijing), hanging around with a young chap called Marco Polo while he was at it.


With Thai (hubby's labmate) and Winn (hubby's uni mate + our flatmate). My new friends from Thailand.


We chose the full feast (very expensive indeed!!)


Faster chose our starters and drinks


My green tea


Wah Ho
(Kangaroo Enchiladas, smothered in cheese and creme fraiche)


Khoor Shoor 
(Cumin flavoured minced wild boar in a crispy pastry parcel served with a hot and sour sauce. 
A traditional Mongolian dish) 


 Gansukh
(Roasted yak ribs smothered in our chefs special bbq sauce)


My table number is '47'. I have to take my own number to the buffet table later.

This menu teaches us how to mix the sauce for the buffet meal







It's time to go to the buffet table after finishing the starters. *very excited*



Steps to follow when joining this Mongolian buffet:

1. Take your table number with you.

2. Take one mini wok and go to Counter 1 to scoop some rice, noodle or 'taugeh'.


Me and the cute mini wok

Counter 1
Noodle, rice and 'taugeh'


3. Proceed to Counter 2 to take some vege.

Counter 2
Spring onion, shredded carrot, onion, water chestnut, mushroom, cucumber, tomato, capsicum etc


The nutritional information table
(I don't bother it at all cos I enjoy eating. Somemore this meal is so expensive so I must eat more)


No more shark meat served here


4. Go to Counter 3 to choose a selection of exotic meats.

Read those labels and take whichever meat you want to try


Counter 3
The exotic meats

5. Then go to Counter 4 to add the herbs, spices and sauces on your own or follow the saucy menu attached on the wall.

Counter 4










6. Leave the wok on the cooking counter with your table number.

7. Go back to your seat and wait for it to be cooked and served.


The handsome chef in action
(no wonder everything tastes so nice to me)


2 chefs in action


Tada..this was my ready meal. I ate 5 bowls of these. I can eat a lot!


After satisfied eating the buffet meals, it's time for us to choose our deserts.


Gwai Ho
(Baileys & Chocolate Chip Ice Cream)


Luk Fu
(Warm Sticky Toffee Pudding with vanilla ice cream)
--This was the wrong order. The waitress took it away from hubby and changed. If I know, I would take few bites before it is taken away. Haha--


Ulan Gad 
(Vanilla Creme Brulee)


Ga Fai
(Cappucino Mousse with Lemon Shortcake)
--Another wrong order cos initially I ordered 'Yum Tum' but this came. Nvm cos I'm in a good mood. Just eat it. Taste nice too--


Yum Tum
(Rich & Indulgent White Chocolate Cheesecake)


*photo-taking time*


The scary Mongolian emperor 


Another Mongolian emperor at the corner


Me and the emperor


The washrooms








The interior designs are very nice




The bar counter

I have an EXPENSIVE YET MEMORABLE birthday this year thanks to my hubby!!