Wednesday 9 March 2011

Mini cream cheese tarts

I still remember how I first searched for cream cheese in Glasgow. I browsed through every supermarket shelves and asked myself why there is no cream cheese sold in Glasgow. They suppose to sell all types of cheese here but where is the cream cheese that I want! Thus, I asked Mr Google's for help and found out that cream cheese is known as "soft cheese" in UK. Haha.

When I saw the 'Buy One Get One Free' promotion of 300g Philadelphia Soft Cheese at £1.75, I quickly grabbed two. Buy first then find the recipes online to try it.

When I saw the recipe posted by Tham Jiak, I dashed into the kitchen and my fingers started to get busy.


Mini Cream Cheese Tarts 














Ingredients: = makes 6 muffin sized tarts =

225g cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar -I use 1/3 of 1/2 cup
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
6 oat crackers/ biscuits - crushed (I use my "sua da pia")


Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C. (mine is fan assisted oven so 175C)
  2. Press crushed biscuits into the muffin holes. Use the back of a glass to compact it.
  3. Cream together cheese and sugar (using electric mixer).
  4. Add egg and vanilla essence into the cheese mixture. Mix them until everything is incorporated.
  5. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin/ tray.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes (until they are set).
  7. Cool down and refrigerated for better taste. 
This recipe fulfills my cheese cravings ^^