Monday 24 October 2011

Almond butter cake

Since I have all the ingredients at home, I told myself, "Why not try this out."

my favourite butter in UK


=Ingredients=
145g plain flour
50g ground almonds - I use flaked almonds
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt - omit this if using salted butter
170g butter, softened
170g sugar - I use 150g
1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk - I follow LittleTeochew and use 2 small whole eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
12 tbs whole milk


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 190C (me 180C). Butter and line a 9-inch cake pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal, baking powder and salt.
  3. Using a mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until fluffy for about 2 minutes.
  4. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla until well combined. 
  5. On low speed, add flour mixture into 3 parts, alternating with milk. 
          split flour into 1/2, 1/4 and 1/4.
          1st time, add in 1/2,
          then 1/4
          then 1/4

     6. Switch mixer to medium and beat for 10-15 seconds, until batter appears uniform.
     7. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula.
     8. Bake for 40 minutes.
     9. Rest in pan for 5 minutes then remove it.