Monday 17 October 2011

Super moist eggless chocolate cake

This cake is really moist and delicious. I bet you would love this.
Got this recipe from a Malay blogger

A dollop of vanilla ice-cream on top of my chocolate cake is heavenly


~Ingredients~
1 cup plain flour *
1 tsp baking powder *
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda *
1/2 cup cocoa powder * - I use the cocoa powder from Norway
* sift them together *

2 tbs milk powder
1 cup brown sugar - I use 3/4
a pinch of salt
1 1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup vegetable oil - I use sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp instant coffee (+ 1 tbs hot water)
1 tsp vinegar


Method
  1. Place the *ingredients in a big bowl. Mix in milk powder, brown sugar and salt. Add in cold water, oil and vanilla extract, whisk it. Add in instant coffee + hot water, slowly stir it until smooth. Lastly add in vinegar and mix well.  
  2. Pour the mixture in the baking tray and bake inside the preheated oven 160C 30-40 minutes (I use 1 hour for my ordinary oven - don't want to use my fan assisted oven)