Monday 20 December 2010

Banana crumb muffins

I remember my coursemate, Joyce said this before,
"Banana makes us happy." Indeed it is!

Somemore, it's a good source of fiber, vitamin C,
magnesium and potassium.

I always enjoy munching banana especially banana cake cos
I like its texture and nice aroma.


My banana crumb muffins (I like its crunchy topping)


Recipe (adapted from here) - I make 12 muffins

190g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 bananas, mashed
150g white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
75g butter, melted

For the crumb topping:
75g brown sugar
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Lightly grease 10 muffin cups. (I preheat my oven to 175°C cos I'm using silicone muffin tray and scared it'll bake faster. I omit the greasing part cos mine is a silicone tray)
  2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
  3. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter.
  4. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until everything is combined together. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
  5. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tbsp flour and cinnamon. Cut 1 tbsp butter until mixture resemble coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
  6. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes (I bake for 18 minutes). Insert a toothpick into the center of the muffin. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the muffins are ready to be taken out.

Mashing banana in action


The mixture as in step 2


The mixture as in step 3


The muffins as in step 4


The mixture as in step 5


The muffins with toppings are ready to enter the oven


The freshly baked banana muffins


I bite it after cooling it for 5 minutes. Yummy delicious!