Monday 13 December 2010

Easy Brazilian Cheese Bread

 
My Brazilian cheesies


Recipe (from Simply Recipes)

1 egg
1/3 cup of vegetable oil/ sunflower oil
2/3 cup of milk
Scant 1 1/2 cups (170grams) tapioca flour
1/2 cup (66 grams) grated cheese of your choice
1 tsp salt (to taste)


Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 200°C.                                                                          (Mine is a fan assisted oven so I think have to know the type of oven you used and check the mini bread inside from time to time)
  2. Grease a mini-muffin tin preferably a 12-muffin tray.                            (I am using a silicone 10-muffin tray so I can skip this step)
  3. Blend all the ingredients and pulse until smooth.                                     (I blend it for about 5 mins)
  4. Bake in the oven for 20 mins (I use 14 mins) until puffy and lightly browned.
  5. Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for a few mins. 
  6. Best eaten while still warm.



*Extra tips*
  • Tapioca flour and tapioca starch are the same thing. I google them cos I only managed to buy tapioca starch in a Chinese shop, Glasgow after searching for tapioca flour in the big stores -Sainsbury, Tesco, Aldi, and Lidl, but to no avail. 
  • I will omit the salt next time cos the mature grated cheese (parmesan and cheddar) I used is salty enough.
  • The batter can be kept refrigerated for a week so we can bake anytime when we want to bite this cute little cheesies.
  

The blended mixture


The baby muffins are ready to enter the oven


Close view of the cheesy mixture



Fresh from the oven



They are so cute!