Wednesday 5 January 2011

Baked chicken thighs

Been in and out these few days for window shopping. Finally bought few things today. Feel so happy - bought few branded things at cheap prices. I thank God for giving me the chance to stay in overseas. I am one lucky girl cos I get the chance to go overseas and stay there with hubby.

As for my kitchen, my baking mode is off for the past few weeks and it is finally on now. I would like to share my baked chicken recipe - I like to bake this chicken as it is so easy. I just marinate it the night before and the next day, I can bake it straightaway.


One of my so-called signature dishes


Ingredients

800g chicken thighs or chicken wings
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup soya sauce
2 tbs Shao Xing wine
1/4 tsp 5-spice powder
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp onion
1/2 pepper


Method
  1. Rinse the chicken thighs and pat them dry.
  2. Marinate them with the rest of the ingredients in a container for overnight. Put inside the refrigerator.
  3. The next day, pour them onto a tray and bake for 50 minutes at 180°C (turn over the chicken carefully using two forks after the first 30 minutes).
  4. Serve it together with the remaining sauce from the tray.

Yummylicious ~