Saturday 29 January 2011

Cream cheese pound cake

I was trying to make steamed buns today but no luck cos I forgot to do the most important part; kneading. The buns ended up in the dustbin. So I want to make myself feel better by trying another recipe I copied online. This baked cheesecake is a success and I am so happy cos finally I can make a 'baked' cheesecake instead of 'soft refrigerated' cheesecake. 




Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened - 113g
3/4 cup sugar - 150g but I use 130g 
1/2 pkg (4 oz) cream cheese, softened - 113g
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup plain flour
1/2 tbs baking powder 
1/2 tsp salt


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 175°C. Beat butter in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition, until very light and fluffy. Add cream cheese, beat 1 minute. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract, beat to mix.
  2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture. Beat for 1 minute till it is well blended. Pour batter into greased and floured 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes (I use 7-inch round baking tin and bake for 35 minutes). 
  3. Insert a stick into the cake to check whether it is well baked - if it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
 A bit cracked on its top but nvm cos it still tastes nice and not too sweet this time


*I edited my post cos I baked another cream cheese pound cake today and the 'tbs' is accurately followed. No more cake sinking problem*