Monday 17 January 2011

Chocolate oatmeal cookies

Crazing for cookies today so decided to try out this recipe with my new digital scale (Salter Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale).             So happy cos I paid it using vouchers, meaning it's free. Somemore, it has 15 years guarantee. Wah, I don't even know where will I be during the 15 years time. Ok, back to the cookies ^^

 Not looking good but they are nice


Chocolate oatmeal cookies (adapted from Happy Home Baking)

90g butter
25g caster sugar
25g brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
100g plain flour
100g oatmeal - I use 70g instant oats
20g dark (semi-sweet) chocolate, finely chopped- I use 60g 'After Eight mint chocolate' left in my room
60g mini chocolate chips- I omit this
50g walnuts, chopped


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line baking tray with baking paper. 
  2. Using a manual whisk, cream butter and sugar (caster + brown) in a mixing bowl until the mixture turns pale and fluffy. 
  3. Dribble in the egg gradually. Mix well after each addition. Add in the salt and vanilla extract, mix to incorporate into the batter. 
  4. Sift the flour over the batter, fold in with a spatula. 
  5. Add oatmeal, chopped chocolate, walnuts. Mix well with spatula. 
  6. Drop tablespoonful of cookie dough onto the baking tray. 
  7. Leave some space between the cookies (for spreading). Flatten each cookie dough slightly with the back of a fork (I didn't use the fork, that's why my cookies became out of shape)
  8. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden colour. 
  9. Let them cool and store in air-tight containers (eat them after 15 minutes cos they will harden and become crunchy cookies)
My minty chocolate oatmeal cookies.
I ate two pieces and my stomach is full already, thanks to the oats.