Friday 21 January 2011

Mocha cookies

The original recipe is Coffee cookies but I used Mocha to replace the coffee and it became my Mocha cookies. Taste "crispylicious" = crispy and delicious.


Coffee Cookies (adapted from From My Kitchen)

My starry Mocha cookies


Ingredients:
1 egg
250g butter, softened - I melt it using double boiler method
170g caster sugar - I use 150g
1 tsp vanilla extract
330g plain flour
1 tbsp instant coffee powder - I use instant Nescafe Mocha powder
some chocolate rice for decoration


Method
  1. Beat sugar and butter till white and fluffy.
  2. Add vanilla extract, egg and coffee powder and mix well.
  3. Once the mixture is well blended, add in the flour.
  4. As the dough is very soft, it is advisable to use a piping bag to shape the cookie or refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes for easier shaping by using a cookie cutter (I just cut it straightaway without refrigerating it and my fingers got very sticky and messy. Haha. I will refrigerate it next time)
  5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C till the cookies turn golden brown. (I bake it for 13minutes at 175°C cos my oven is the fan-assisted type)

I manage to fill up 3 medium sized containers with these cookies. Going to keep one for myself and hubby, give one to my flatmate and another one to my Thai friend. "Sharing is caring" By the way, the way to stay slimmer is to feed the people around you. Haha



Thinking of using the different cookie cutters but the sticky dough dampened my spirit. So, I only used the orange star cutter for this recipe.


Before baking


After baking. *Do you notice the missing star? I ate it for tasting purpose*


P/S: I just bought assorted mini cookie cutters today. Guess how much is it? Cost me 4pounds. So expensive if I convert to RM but it is still cheaper compared to ebay and in fact the cheapest I can find in Glasgow.  Somemore there are 20 cookie cutters in the box. Hmm, so I think the quantity is worth it.