Sunday 27 February 2011

Chinatown

 Chinatown, Glasgow

Hubby told me that he will bring me to Glasgow Chinatown on Saturday. I said, "What?! Got Chinatown in Glasgow and all these while I thought the nearest Chinatown is in London? Of course I want to go." So off we went on foot (30 minutes walk).

The entrance of Chinatown 
(blurry effect caused by my hp due to condensation)


It has a restaurant called Chinatown Restaurant and is very popular among the locals especially the Chinese. We had our lunch there and it costs us £21.40. I checked its reviews and ratings online and it is very positive as angmoh loves Chinese food. They said you can taste REAL Chinese food here without being Westernized.

Food verdict: big portion and worth it if you don't do the pound-RM conversion. We will come again if we have cravings for Chinese dim sum.

Awesome lightings. 
The restaurant manager sure can afford these as he makes a lot of money - people keep coming in = money keeps flowing in  


 The menu and the PRICES. Seeing this, I must eat all delicacies in Malaysia when going back next year.




A jug of green tea is served to us. £1

 Singapore Style Fried Vermicelli  
£10.80

 Chicken feets in black bean sauce 
£3


I crave for chicken legs since last week and thought I will only eat it next year. So happy to have it.



 King prawn dumplings
£3.40


 Shanghai War Teap - 1 missing (in hubby's mouth)
£3.20


We feel very full after eating there. Continue exploring the place nearby.


Beside the restaurant is a corner selling fresh seafood. I dislike the wet fishy smell place but I love fish (I mean I like to eat them. Haha). Forgot to take the pic.


Inside this building is a bakery and a mini shop selling Malaysian and Chinese products. I don't know why the shopkeeper pasted the "Malaysian" and "Chinese" stickers onto his wall. Maybe he is a Malaysian Chinese? Maybe Malaysia is famous of its food? He talked to me in Cantonese but I replied him with my broken Cantonese (I don't have the chance to practise Cantonese at all cos I always converse and stay in Hokkien-speaking community. Really ashamed to admit that I'm a born Cantonese. Luckily my Foochow is good and I'm married to a Foochow but he also doesn't speak Foochow at home. Cheh, waste my Foochow speaking talent only. Hehe) 


On our way walking back home, 


Crowds of people at Buchanan Street on weekend. Glasgow is popular among tourists and locals as it is the second largest shopping centre in UK. Click here to read more.


Good weather makes everything looks prettier even the buildings


The infamous George Square 

1st time reach here and see George Square, "wah" here and there. Now, erm okla. A lot of angmoh like to sunbath here (with clothes on) as spring is here now. Wohooo. Daytime is longer now and I like it.

I love spring cos I love flowers. Hmm, when I first came to Glasgow in June, it was summer. Then, autumn (Sept), winter (mid Nov), and now early spring. Thank God, this will complete my 4 seasons experience here.