Monday 28 February 2011

Something to ponder on


Do we remember God throughout our life?

Do we remember to thank God when we achieved good results in studies, when we got a great job, when we married to a good partner, when we have our children, ...everything? Or we just said it's just our pure luck.

How often do we really thank God for everything that we have? We take everything for granted. As if we deserves everything that is good and blame those around us when something goes wrong.



I attended a funeral mass today and the priest told us that today's mass is very special as the deceased herself has chosen every readings and hymns for her last mass. The homily given by the priest, Father Derrick (he looks like my "un shu") really touched my heart. I shall quoted what I remember.


"The greatest gift from God to the living is the gift of FAITH. No one deserves it but those who accept it are blessed."

"Lord said, Whoever believes in me will have eternal life. It doesn't mean that eternal life starts from the moment we die. It starts when we recognise God."

"The gift of life comes from God and shall return to God one day."


The hymns selected by the deceased are good as well. I only remember some of the lyrics for opening and closing hymns.

=Opening hymn=

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
...
I have heard my people cry,
...
Whom shall I send?

Chorus:
Here I am Lord,
Is it I Lord,
I have heard you calling in the night,
I will go Lord,
If you lead me,
I will hold your people in my heart.


=Closing hymn=

...

Chorus:
Mother of Christ,
Star of sea,
Pray for the wanderer,
Pray for me.


All of us are afraid of dying and only remember God when we know our time has come. It is never too late to thank God and remember Him in our daily lives now.