Sunday 20 February 2011

Chocolate cheese layered cake

Since I still have some cream cheese in my fridge, I make up my mind to try this recipe by Pusiva. The cake turns out great and my hubby loves it.


This cake is really nice.
Pardon me as I don't have skill to take good pic of food but I can eat a lot.


Ingredients

=Mixture A=
250g cream cheese
60g caster sugar - I use 50g
1 egg

=Mixture B=
180g butter
150g sugar - I use 130g
3 eggs
3 tbs cocoa
120g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder


Method
  1. Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until well incorporated. Set mixture aside.
  2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, one at a time until well incorporated into mixture. Sieve all the dried ingredients together. Fold into egg mixture (use spatula).
  3. To assemble, pour 3/4 of mixture B and level with spatula, then all of mixture A and level with spatula, and finally the remaining mixture B and level with spatula. 
  4. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45 - 50 minutes (I followed Puspa's reader's advice - bake for 180°C for 10 minutes first then 160°C for 55 minutes). The cake is ready when the skewer comes out clean. Once the cake is cool, chill in the fridge.