Saturday 19 February 2011

My Winter flowers

Bought these three flower plants from Lidl (15 minutes walking distance from my flat). Two hyacinth (£1.99 for 2) and one kalanchoe (79p).


Initially I only have a bulb and the glass for this plant called Hyacinth. I bought 2 sets of these (one purple and one blue). I add water and put the bulb on top of the glass. The roots eventually grow out  from the bulb and the flowers start to blossom on top.


Close view of the purple hyacinth. 
I search more about it online - it is said to produce a wonderful scent.


Amazing close view of its roots


Blue hyacinth is still in the 'growing' stage though I put them together in the water glass at the same time.


 Blue hyacinth - still green at the moment


 Kalanchoe
(said to be a long lasting flowering plant)


I just love flowers. 
I'm thinking of growing tulips but no garden beds for me here. Hehe