Monday 12 July 2010

Me in a foreign land faraway from home

*Backdated to 15th June 2010*



Glasgow city greeted us with a bright shining sun and cool breeze (I hate dislike sun and I always have my umbrella with me all the time back in Malaysia). I observe all the buildings along the way to the hostel. The colour of the buildings are so dull; mostly brown. Hehe. My eyes like to see vibrant colours. Maybe someday I'll find the colourful parts of Glasgow and share them here. The moment we reached our room, we put our luggage in the room and rushed to have our lunch cum dinner in Pizza Hut. Then, we went back to our room to rest and sleep as we had jet lag.


=====================================================


*Backdated to 16th June 2010*



Experienced  1st fire alarm alert early in the morning (I don't call it a fire drill cos the firefighters actually came and went up the hostel to look out for fire breakout). There goes my beauty sleep. I asked my hubby what if we continue sleeping and don't want to go down despite the fire alarm ringing (cos hubby said it's normal to have fire alarms ringing in his hostel and it has been countless times). He said we will be fined £50 each and for sure I know we will burn to death if there is a real fire.

Hubby brought me to a Chinese sundry shop called "Chung Ying". I found my fav Ayam brand soya sauce! It's RM3++ in Malaysia and it's £0.99 here. So happy! I found my Hup Seng crackers also ( £1.68, RM3.80). Double joy!! Hubby told me to buy anything that I want to eat and not need to save on food. I think I'll become fat soon. Haha.







*updated*


3rd time false alarm in the evening (18th July 2010). I hate the fire alarm buzzing sound, it's so irritating. We had to rush down the block again thanks to the morons. Already so big but still don't know how to think. They think that starting the fire alarm is so much fun. Hubby said the hostel has to fork out  £1000 each time the firemen come (no wonder they come so fast after 2 mins the fire alarm starts).









The firemen warned the morons
(But they will start it again cos no penalty or punishment given)