Saturday 17 July 2010

My degree days in UNIMAS, Kuching, Sarawak (June 2005 - May 2008)

UNIMAS is a very amazing university to me cos I have great, yet humble lecturers and jolly coursemates with me. Somemore, I was studying Cognitive Science which is a special course unknown to many especially the elders. This makes us a bunch of special graduates. In terms of finding jobs, we have to try our luck and our best in convincing people about our field and show our skills. Most of us are employed by now if we are not too choosy (I am employed too... as a homemaker for the time being). Hehe. My friend, Zayty used to answer that she wants to become a housewife after she graduated whenever the lecturer asked us what we are going to do after accomplishing our degree.


Edited by Jerry, our computer graphic pro

With Christine, Zayty, and Kok Chen






Our new C.A.F.E


Standing at the back: Chia Huey, me, Lina, Zayty, Shu Lin
Front: Kok Chen, Christine


With our most beloved and caring lecturer, Dr Weng


Our naughty lecturer, Mr Hardyman 


*Pic taken during our 1st year SK night*
The only 7 Chinese girls in our course
Standing at the back: Me, Kok Chen, Sze Hui, Shu Lin
Seated: Chia Huey, Joyce, Lina


2nd year SK night


With my friends, Yana and Bella


With our juniors


The 4 of us (Jerry, Zayty, Kok Chen and me) were always together in a group whenever the lecturers told us to form a group of 4. We were a great team and we always like to compare ourselves with other teams (Which group get the highest mark? Being praised? The earliest group to submit?) Haha. If we are satisfied with our achievement then we would call ourselves "The Best Group" and Zayty would drive us to Pizza Hut to reward ourselves (Pizza Hut is the nearest fast food outlet to our university). After all, we already put in all our effort and we deserved to be rewarded. *though it was only pizza but it was the company of friends that counts* Really funny when recalling back our uni days.


 Me and Kok Chen were busy eating


 Jerry and Zayty were busy feeding each other


Kok Chen and I were good partners in everything in UNIMAS. We cooked, gossiped, shopped and went to class together. Whenever our juniors saw us, they would wonder and ask us why we are always smiling and seem to be relaxed compared to the rest of our coursemates. Haha. We had our own secret to strive in this course ~ by applying Cognitive Science knowledge that we have learned straightaway into our own lives.


 3rd year SK night
(Aini, Bella, Fathiah, Kok Chen, me, Christine)


SK ladies from my batch


 Our farewell party at Mdm Kartini's house

For every beginning there is an end. THANK YOU to all my coursemates for being with me throughout these challenging 3 years. I treasure each and everyone of you and the time we had been together.



P/S: Bear in mind that we are POWERFUL with our SK knowledge!