Thursday 15 July 2010

My Master days in UTM, Skudai, Johor (Dec 2008 - Apr 2010)

~Leadership class~
Our great lecturer, Prof Abu Bakar is standing at the right corner

That was my fav class for the 1st semester. I miss each and everyone in this class. Though this class started at 8am (too early for all of us), it was so interesting cos we had a great lecturer with us. As the saying goes, the early bird catches the worm. We had a great time and learned a lot!


My friends 
(Abbas from Iran and Yit Hooi from Kedah)

Yit Hooi was my first roommate in UTM. We were given a double room in Kolej Tun Ghafar Baba (it is very far from the main campus). This hostel was dominated by boys (the uni only allocated one block specially for girls in that semester). Imagine us living in a block surrounded by boys' blocks. Haha. We were roommates for about 3 weeks only cos I applied for a hostel inside the campus. The reason of applying for a nearer one was I couldn't stand waiting for the bus at night when my class ended around 6.30pm daily. The night bus only came around 7.20pm. I was too tired to do anything by the time I reached my room. Thinking back makes me feel worthwhile cos I get to know my friend Yit Hooi.  

We had our sweet memories together at that far away hostel. I enjoyed cooking while Yit Hooi enjoyed preparing the raw food and washing the cooking utensils. Whenever we feel hungry or don't have anything to cook, our helpful friends, Tony and Shi Ping would buy us dinner from outside *still feel very grateful to them*


Tony (my senior)


Shi Ping (my friend ever since Form 4)

Moving to another hostel which is the nearest to the main campus, Kolej Tun Fatimah, I met another wonderful roommate (Yin Hsia). We became roommate for one semester. Through her, I get to know God Lin (her cousin ~ we called her 'biao mei') and Mei Sieng (we called her 'Min Sing'). We cooked and shopped together. I really had a lot of fun with them.
 

Mei Sieng, Yin Hsia, and God Lin
(from left to right)

Introducing another wonderful and cute friend of mine, Nurul Farhana (I called her Fara). *flashback* I still remember that I met her in Statistics class during our 1st semester. From that day onwards, we did almost everything together ~ we went to class together even though we were from different courses (she is a Techno girl whereas I am a Psycho girl) and we bought our meals together. She even invited me to her house and I stayed overnight for a few days. Her family especially her parents, The Fridays (her daddy's name is Jumaat) and cute grandma are very kind. We enjoyed our meals together and had a good chat. I miss you all *v*

Fara with her bf, Nabil a.k.a. Dr Love


Standing beside me: Maryam (from Iran)
Seated: Jenau, Hawa, and Fara

Jenau and Hawa are my friends coming from the same university as me, Unimas but they are from different course, that is Counseling. I knew Jenau's existence during my 3rd year in Unimas cos we were in the same class taught by Mdm Kartini for one of my core courses. Being a Cognitive Science graduate, I was all alone by myself coming from Unimas to do Master in UTM (I think I am the 1st one from Cognitive Science course to do master in UTM based on the seniors' checklist). Thank God, I had Jenau, Hawa, and Fara to go on with me throughout the 3 semesters.

Last pic in faculty together with Eyu Li and Fara

Eyu Li, a sweet girl joined my course when I was in my 2nd semester. We registered for the same core courses and electives since then. So happy to have a friend who is studying full-time Master with me. She brought me to places like Malacca, Yong Peng, Muar, and Singapore. Thank you girl for bringing joy into my days in Johor. 

Our course trip to Malacca


Farewell crab meal with Hai Xia (from China), Eyu Li, and Chong


Our Singapore trip



God also sent me an Iranian friend. His name is Abbas and he is doing his phd in my faculty. We only known each other for 3 months and he has been a good big brother to me. My brother,Vincent and I are really thankful to him for fetching us to buy things and sending us to the airport.


  With my big brother, Abbas

A big THANK YOU to my friends from Hope Church in Johor especially Sze Yean, Kim, Yee Choo and Amelia (pardon me cos I couldn't remember the rest of the girls). You girls helped me a lot when I reached Johor for the 1st time. I will find you all again when I go to Johor.


UTM girls from Hope Church, Johor


Those were the days and still are my HAPPY DAYS *v*

I wish you all the best if you are reading this ^v^