Monday 12 July 2010

New phase of life

Whenever I see the wedding cars on the road, wedding announcements on the church noticeboard, attractive wedding photoshoot packages...I will ask myself and wonder when is my big day coming and who am I going to marry to? I will continue to imagine myself in a wedding gown walking down the aisle with my daddy to the direction of my groom and everyone in the church is looking at me in awe. *gosh* This is so wonderful and it's every girl's dream!




With God's blessings, I found my man. *ahem* He is my most precious gift sent by God. I admit that I have been a hot-tempered girl but he put up with me and been with me all these while. We have been together on and off for about 10 years. Yeah, it has been a LONG time and it's difficult for us to maintain this relationship. Luckily, we trust God with our relationship and here we are today, happily married as a couple for Christ.


*flashback to last month*


9th June 2010 is the day that all of us are waiting for (especially me and my man). Some friends keep wondering and asking me why we chose this date. Why don't want to choose weekend? Why choose a day that is a Wednesday? (very hard to take leave for those who are working)  Is it auspicious? Frankly, I choose this date based on my funny mathematical combination of my birth date (7th Aug) and my man's (29th June). Take out our birth 'day' only. I did some additions until the result came out a single number. (7+29 = 36 -> 3+6 = 9). Ok, see...I got the date '9'. I chose the month of June cos my mummy advised me to choose the week that falls on school holidays (only then mummy will have the time to prepare for my wedding as well).   Ok mummy. I have to look through the Catholic calendar to check whether the day clashes with any day of obligation or not (we want to have a church wedding). Ok, no clashes. I have to check for the Chinese calendar regarding auspicious date for marriage cos want to make my in-laws happy with the date also (I checked for it since last year despite that the calendar can't be found in details online and the hardbound edition hasn't been printed). Ok, it is an auspicious day. Overall, it's a blessed day for us!  









My relatives and friends came from far and near to join us on this big day. I'm very happy to have my friends Angelina, Yii Ling, Mee Tiing, Li Ing, Ying Ying, Kim, Yee Choo, and Eyu Li to be my "jie mei". A big THANK YOU to them.


~Yii Ling is missing from this pic cos she went home for her grandma~


 * Angelina has been helping me in preparing myself for my big day. She is the leader for my girls' entourage, my church witness and my personal manicurist. She painted my nails for my pre-wedding photoshoot and actual wedding. They are awesome and pretty. *envy me?*

* Yii Ling purposely came to my wedding though her grandma was seriously sick. She came to my house for a while and helped me to wear my wedding gown. She is my childhood friend since primary school.

* Mee Tiing has been the spotlight for the girls' entourage as she blocked the guys' entourage and became the spokesperson for the day. Haha. So funny when I watch my own wedding slide shows and video cos I can see the events that the guys went through to get the bride.

* Li Ing is my youngest "jie mei". She has been accompanying Angel to my house and join us in the fun of preparing me for my big day.

* Ying Ying is excited to be my "jie mei" as this is her first time. Actually all of them are first timers except Angel. So happy to have her on this big day.

* Kim, Yee Choo and Eyu Li are the first few friends that I have known when I pursued my Master studies in UTM, Skudai. They are always there for me when I need help in the foreign town.


*** The wedding went well as planned. It is my dream wedding and I thank God for everything!  ***

*pic taken and edited by Angel*